Monday, April 27, 2009

My VegFest Adventure

My journey began at VegFest 3 or 4 years ago, although I didn't realize it at the time. I was definitely excited about the chance to eat some delicious treats at the annual vegetarian food festival. As I walked out of the Seattle Center that day, it felt like I had discovered a vegetarian paradise!

I'm pretty sure I tried every morsel that looked tasty- I ended up so stuffed I could barely move. One sample, though, I just couldn't forget: Field Roast Grain Meat. The flavor and texture of the sausage blew me away; I was an instant fan. Imagine my delight when I found out that Field Roast was a local company!

So over the next few years, I kept my eye on this happy little company. The more I learned, the more I wanted to be part of it. Long story short, this December, I started working with the Field Roast family. It felt like a dream come true. When asked if I was interested in working the Field Roast booth at VegFest Seattle, I couldn't say yes quick enough.

VegFest had become a mini-holiday for me. Each year, I looked forward to it like a kid looks forward to Halloween (only with better snacks). It was especially interesting to be involved with a different side of the food festival. To help plan, set up, and work with the Field Roast team was a most satisfying and delightful experience. My favorite part was watching people's eyes light up after their first bite of grain meat. There was so much love, and it was an honor to help represent such a wonderful company at an incredible event. I can't wait until next year!

Oh, by the way.... no one bribed me to write this blog... my excitement is sincere. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home