Tuesday, August 22, 2006


ELLIOTT BAY CAFE

The Elliott Bay Cafe is underneath Seattle legend bookstore; The Elliott Bay Bookstore in ye olde Pioneer Square.

The have millions of books....a great food book section complete with professional books as well as for those who love to simply "be" with cookbooks.

Every night they have authors reading from their own books....downstairs next to the cafe. I once saw Mark Kurlansky their reading from his book about Salt...called Salt: A World History. He has also written an interesting book about Cod.

Thanks to Joel, Bonnie and Paul for all the biz.....below is a little snippet from their menu. They used to make a Reuban from it all but I don't think they do anymore.

Their cafe is a good place to hang out, read, play some chess and listen to an author read from their writings.

3 Comments:

Blogger FR Connection said...

I would like to go here...can we have a field trip one day? I can't say that I have ever been to the bookstore or the cafe!

9:19 AM  
Blogger mhopea said...

Next time I am in Seattle I plan to go here.
Hope to see you there!

I also plan to go buy your products this week and make my own Rueben!

3:01 PM  
Blogger Tofu Mom (AKA Tofu-n-Sprouts) said...

Oh my gosh, I love the bookstore AND the sandwiches they sell.
(AND your products of course! My favorite vegan commercial products ever, I swear!!)

Reubens are amazing, as are pretty much any sort of sandwich you can dream up!

8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home